Manchester Metropolitan University
The central campus is situated close to Manchester’s city centre. There are five further campus locations, four in other parts of the city and one in Cheshire, 36 miles (58 km) from Manchester:
We are the UK’s most popular University, receiving over 52,000* applications per year.
- Over 1,000 courses and qualifications, many with a strong professional bias.
- The highest concentration of postgraduate taught courses in the North West.
- Links with over 70 professional bodies and associations recognising both the quality and practical focus of our course provision.
- An extensive portfolio of training and professional development courses, including tailored courses to meet specific business needs.
* Based on applications received in 2011/12. Data provided by UCAS.
The University for World-Class Professionals
Facts about MMU:
- The North West fashion design and textiles industry has seen an increase in sales of £5 million over the last four years as a result of partnerships with MMU.
- The University is an international leader in clothing design and technology.
- MMU is the largest public sector provider of accountancy training in the North West.
- We are one of the largest providers of science, engineering and technology education in the UK.
- The region’s schoolchildren are directly benefiting from the 81% of newly qualified teachers who stay on to work and live in the region each year.
- 80% of MMU's trained health professionals including nurses, health visitors, health scientists and dental technicians go on to work in the health services in the North West
- We educate a tenth of the UK’s food technologists.
- MMU is one of the largest creative communities in the UK, with over 8,000 students and staff involved in cultural production in the region.
- According to the latest UK-wide assessment of university research quality MMU has world-leading research in sciences, arts, education and social sciences.
- The new Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy is creative director at MMU’s Writing School in the Department of English.
Want to know more?
MMU's Official Website