1134 - International Relations - Foreign Policy Analysis (1 EFT)
The Université catholique de Louvain is looking for a full time (100%) specialist in
International Relations – Foreign Policy Analysis
The successful candidate will carry out his/her researches in the framework of the Study Center on International Crisis and Conflicts (CECRI) of the Political Sciences Institute Louvain-Europe (ISPOLE) mainly on the following topics :
- Study of International Relations under the specific lens of the scientific analysis of foreign policy.
- More specific fields of research could deal with the emerging powers foreign policies, particular area studies or any innovative thematic research program.
The incumbent will teach in some of these fields within various cycles of studies (undergraduate studies, master or doctoral training) managed by the Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences and Communication (Louvain School of Political and Social Sciences).
The applicant (m/f) will have to teach in the following subjects:
- Foreign Policy Analysis (in English)
- Geoeconomy (in English)
- Preparatory Seminar to diplomacy and international civil service (in French)
- Seminar of political science, public administration and international relations (in French)
PhD in Political Science with specialization in International Relations
Particular qualifications/skills (other than those mentioned in the « General Conditions »)
- The applicant (m/f) is expected to demonstrate open-mindedness about information technology applied to teaching and will be able and willing to develop online teaching materials.
- A proven experience in teaching for large audiences will be considered as an asset
Additional information :
Prof. Marc Lits, Dean ESPO – firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel : +32(0)10 47 85 92
Prof. Christian De Visscher, President ISPOLE – email@example.com - Tel : +32(0)10 47 42 21
Vacancy reference : 1134 / ESPO 006 / SPLE / 2013 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
Sector : Human Sciences (SSH)
Faculty : Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences and Communication (ESPO)
Institute : Political Sciences Louvain-Europe Institute (ISPOLE)
How to apply ?
Composition of the application file
Tasks : The applicant will :
- be responsible for teaching courses at the three study levels (i.e. undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- supervise the final diploma work (i.e. master thesis) of graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- raise the international research and teaching profile of the university;
- participate in research projects in the field of development cooperation (if this fits the post description).
Qualifications : The applicant will have :
- a PhD degree in Political Science, or equivalent qualifications;
- a significant scientific record proved by international publications;
- either studied abroad for an extensive period or had substantial experience outside UCL;
- experience in and aptitude for teaching at university level;
- the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings in their courses;
- creativity and must be open to pedagogic innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level and to advise, or lead, a research team ;
- a good knowledge of both spoken and written French and English. If this is not the case, the applicant should accept to learn French and/or English in order to be able to teach in French and English within 2 years. Fluency in other languages is an additional advantage.