2142 - Medicinal Chemistry (1 EFT)
The Université catholique de Louvain is looking for a full time (100%) specialist in
The successful candidate will carry out research in the field of medicinal chemistry (drug chemistry and drug discovery).
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, in the field of chemistry (organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry…).
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the above-mentioned field within the various degree programmes organised by the Faculty.
Further information :
- Professeur M.P. Mingeot-Leclercq - President of the Institute LDRI (Louvain Drug Research Institute) firstname.lastname@example.org - Tél : +32 2 764.73.74 - Secr. : +32 2 764.73.28 2.
- Professeur J. Quetin-Leclercq – Dean of the Faculté FASB (Faculté de Pharmacie et des Sciences biomédicales) email@example.com - Tél : +32 2 764.72.54 - Secr. : +32 2 764.72.30
Vacancy reference : 2142 / FASB 002 / LDRI / 2013 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
Medical Sector (SSS)
Faculty of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences (FASB)
Louvain Drug Research Institute (LDRI)
How to apply ?
Composition of the application file
Tasks : The applicant will :
- be responsible for teaching courses at the three study levels (i.e. undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- supervise the final diploma work (i.e. master thesis) of undergraduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence ;
- contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications : The applicant will have :
- a PhD degree in chemistry (or equivalent);
- a significant scientific record proved by international publications;
- either studied abroad for an extensive period or had substantial experience outside UCL;
- experience in and aptitude for teaching at university level;
- the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings in their courses;
- creativity and must be open to pedagogic innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level and to advise, or lead, a research team ;
- a good knowledge of both spoken and written French and English. If this is not the case, the applicant should accept to learn French and/or English in order to be able to teach in French and English within 2 years. Fluency in other languages is an additional advantage.