1141 - Marketing (1 EFT)
The Université catholique de Louvain is looking for a full time (100%) specialist in
The successful candidate will carry out research in the field of Marketing, mainly in the field of the Center for Consumers and Marketing Strategy (CCMS) within the Louvain School of Management Group Research Institute.
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the above-mentioned field within the various degree programmes organised by the Faculty.
He will carry out within the programs where LSM deliver teaching assignments, e.g within the undergraduate programs in economics and management science and within the programs delivered on the several campuses of the Louvain School of Management (LSM).
Particular qualifications/skills (other than those mentioned in the « General Conditions »)
The applicant (m/f) has to be inserted in European research networks and to be able to demonstrate his/her ability to take part in European research projects within his/her field(s) of expertise. He /she must have a command of English as a working language, so as to ensure teaching in English.
Additional information :
Prof. Alain Vas, Dean LSM – email@example.com - Tel : +32(0)10 47 83 01
Prof. Jean Vanderdonckt, research director – firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel : +32(0)10 47 85 25
Vacancy reference : 1141 / LSM 054M / ILSM / 2013 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
Sector : Human Sciences (SSH)
Faculty : Louvain School of Management (LSM)
Institute : Louvain School of Management (LSM)
How to apply ?
Composition of the application file
Tasks : The applicant will :
- be responsible for teaching courses at the three study levels (i.e. undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- supervise the final diploma work (i.e. master thesis) of graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications : The applicant will have :
- a PhD degree in Management, Management Science, Business Administration or another discipline with a related research focus (e.g. psychology), or equivalent qualifications;
- a significant scientific record proved by international publications;
- either studied abroad for an extensive period or had substantial experience outside UCL;
- experience in and aptitude for teaching at university level;
- the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings in their courses;
- creativity and must be open to pedagogic innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level and to advise, or lead, a research team ;
- a good knowledge of both spoken and written French and English. If this is not the case, the applicant should accept to learn French and/or English in order to be able to teach in French and English within 2 years. Fluency in other languages is an additional advantage.